I’m back with another TikTok Recipe. This one works quite well and I think is quite easy. When I reheat it, people compliment the smell in the office but I still dread eating it after a while. I mean, it’s a healthy burrito bowl but I digress. Gotta eat healthy some of the time right? Well should be most of the time.
Healthy Burrito Bowl
2 C long grain rice/brown rice, cooked according to instructions
2 lb. Ground Turkey, defrosted
1 package Frozen Pepper and Onion Blend, 20 oz
1 Taco seasoning packet, low sodium
1 can black beans (low sodium if able), not drained
1 can Medium Diced Green Chiles, 4 Oz
1 can Rotel Hot Diced Tomatoes with Habaneros, 10 oz.
Shredded Rotisserie Chicken Breast (optional, I shredded Sam’s Club entire breast of rotisserie)
Salt to taste
- Cook rice as directed on package
- Add non stick spray in pan, saute pepper and onions for 2 minutes
- Add ground turkey and smash into small pieces
- Add taco seasoning, black beans, diced green chilies, and diced tomatoes
- Simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes or until turkey is cooked through
- Add shredded chicken breast and just heat through (about 2 minutes)
- Add mixture to the rice and combine, best served warm
- Original recipe called for 2 packets of taco seasoning, I only need 1 and it works fine
- Original recipe doesn’t call for the rotisserie chicken breast, I just added it cause I had it. I now make it without the chicken breast and it works fine too!
Cooked mixture ready to mix with the…
Super easy recipe to make. You don’t even have to chop up any vegetables.
my monthly pot luck is this Saturday!
I wonder what would happen if I just used regular short grain rice, and even wrapped in flour tortilla??
I curious, did you end up making this??
Hmmm. Too healthy for me. However, I need to eat more healthy. Maybe next year.
It tastes pretty good for healthy Aunty, give em a try!! This year even, haha
It is! Thanks!!