Reminder, I made two different boba recipes in ONE day because I am crazy. If you missed it, here is the brown sugar boba recipe. This time, I made strawberry boba from scratch and yes, it is made from fresh strawberries. Inspiration from TikTok (duh). How was it? Well, even though I had to make fresh strawberry puree for this, you can’t really taste any strawberry in the boba…it’s mainly for the color. I made fresh strawberry milk to accompany the boba. I’m not doing this again. But here goes:
Fresh Strawberry Puree
Adding tapioca starch to start forming the dough…
The beautiful pink dough ready to be rolled!
Get enough tapioca starch or what? Almost looks like mochi balls…refrain from eating…
Strawberry Boba boiling up…no forget, they expand! These balls ain’t fitting through no boba straws…
Ready for consumption!
Strawberry Boba Ingredients:
½ Cup Fresh Strawberries, diced
2 T Sugar
2 T Water
1-2 T Honey
Strawberry Boba Instructions:
- Add strawberries, sugar and water to a microwave safe bowl/cup. Microwave for 1 minute (I microwaved about 1.5 minutes).
- Strain strawberry mixture through a sieve to get rid of the pulp. Cool for 3 minutes.
- Add in 3T of tapioca starch into the mixture and mix through.
- Continue to microwave mixture for 1 minute (in 15 second intervals), it took me 1 min 15 sec. You are looking for a thickened and very sticky mixture. Cool for 3 minutes.
- Add 1 C of Tapioca Starch and knead through.
- Roll into little balls, add additional tapioca starch for dusting if needed.
- Heat water in a pot and add the tapioca balls into the pot. Immediately stir the balls in the pot to prevent them from sticking to each other and to the bottom of the pan. It will take about 30 seconds for the balls to free float to the top of the surface on its own.
- Boil on medium-high for 20 minutes. Turn off heat, keep lid on pot and let the tapioca balls sit for an additional 20 minutes.
- Drain tapioca and place in a bowl, add 1-2 T of honey to sweeten balls and keep sitting in a syrup.
Strawberry Milk Ingredients:
Strawberry Milk Instructions:
- Wash strawberries, cut 8 strawberries in half and crush them in the pot (I used a potato masher), add sugar and heat on medium heat for 2-3 minutes
- Remove from heat and let mixture cool down.
- Dice remaining 8 strawberries.
- Place the strawberry syrup, diced strawberries and milk in a bottle and mix/shake. Ready to go!
Recipe Inspiration: Strawberry Milk
so ambitious but looks great. the pink color is so pretty. since I’m not too much of a boba drinker, Teapresso is right down the street from my office. Even then, I think I go only 1 or 2x a year.
Agree! I get boba once in a while but it’s not something I crave.
OMGAWD, you so amazing.
More like crazy lol
krazy but looks ono:)
Haha thanks! Not worth it. Hahaha
It works perfect! I didn’t have any tapioca starch but i did have non glutinous rice flour which is 1TB non glutinous rice flour to 2TB tapioca starch. it worked and it was delicious! so basically if it calls for 2TB of tapioca starch cut it in half to 1TB.