Time to make the meatballs (get the reference even thought I made no sense making the reference?)
Been wanting to make meatballs with ground chicken breast and finally found the opportunity from, you guessed it, TikTok. Not much to say, it just looked really nice and flavorful. I’ve been craving Mediterranean food lately so this is going to hit the spot. I really like it but you might find it a bit dry. I did buy some tzatziki dip in case it gets too dry for me. Now, I need to address my gyro and baklava craving – that is for another post…and not homemade.
I really enjoy piling up ingredients like this in a bowl before I mush it all up, if you’re a reader of my blog, I think you’ve seen me do this before. All the ingredients together before I moosh moosh moosh…
All mooshed and hand formed for the oven! Yeah, get all kind sizes. Get all different sizes of mouths too okay? Hahaha
- 1 pound ground chicken
- ½ cup panko
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup feta crumbled
- ¼ cup red onions finely diced
- ¼ cup sun dried tomatoes finely diced
- ¼ tsp dried dill
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp *optional fresh mint* for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix with your hands until ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Roll the seasoned meat into 15 small golfball sized meatballs and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. I recommend doing 5 rows of 3.
- Bake the meatballs at 400F degrees for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Let rest for 2 minutes before sprinkling with optional mint for garnish.
Recipe Source: Grilled Cheese Social