Like, I didn’t even remember to take a picture of the finished product so you can look to the left of this picture for a slight view. How did it go? Really well. The people I fed enjoyed it! It’s a nice recipe and it’s basically mochiko chicken with some nori on top. Can’t go wrong there. Would I make it again? Perhaps for a party, it’s best eaten fresh out of the oil.
– 1/4 cup mochiko (sweet rice flour)
– 1/4 cup cornstarch
– 1/4 cup sugar
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 6 cloves garlic, grated or chopped
– 2 eggs
– 1/3 cup shoyu (Soy Sauce – I used Yamasa)
– 2 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
– Oil for frying
– Nori (Japanese dried seaweed ) – cut into strips
Mix marinade ingredients with chicken and soak for at least 4 hours, the longer you soak chicken the better. Wrap a small piece of nori around each piece of chicken and deep fry.
Recipe inspired by: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wAkICflo9E
looks so good!
Was good! I just hate deep frying stuff!